Question: how can you manage the first impression? Follow these simple guidelines and your website will be far more effective:
- Place graphics and subheads so they draw the eye to where important information is located.
- Give the reader visual stepping stones: subheads guiding the eyes to points of relevance in descending order.
- Use sidebars, quotes, or graphics to break up large chunks of text.
- Keep in mind that your website needs to reflect what your customers want to learn—not what you want to say.
- Link to something your visitors will find valuable.
- Short paragraphs are easier to read, where long ones are tedious.